The Island Film Factory has identified a shortage in these key technical positions for our local industry. A recent survey circulated by Culture PEI confirmed the reports of our local producers. To address this skills shortage, with participation from Skills PEI, the Island Film Factory will be hosting a series of workshops in February and March 2012 to help increase the knowledge of select Island applicants who have already shown initiative in the sector. Classes will be small, intensive, mostly weekend workshops providing hands on experience under the direct tutelage of various film and TV professionals from around the region.
- Production Manager – January 25-29 – Cathy Grant
- Director of Photography – February 22-26 – Jeff Wheaton
- Field Audio Recording – February 24-26 – Aram Kouyoumdjian
- Grip/Gaffer/Electric – February 24-26 – Corey Bulger
- Long form Drama Editing – March 23-25 – Chris Cooper
- Comedy Editing – March 2-4 – Kimberlee McTaggert
- Online Editing – March 30-April 1- Ken Petersen
- Sound Design – March 2-4 – Steven Naylor
Participants have now been selected and applications are closed.
Anyone involved in the Film, TV, and digital media sector on PEI are highly encouraged to create a profile on the peifilmandmedia.com website so hiring producers and directors can find you!